Friday, February 15, 2013

What's in a name?

I'm starting a blog. That was what I wanted to call my new blog, but then I remembered that almost 5 years ago I actually had already started a blog... which would mean, starting a blog entitled would be a lie. Since I didn't want to start (again) my venture into the blogging world as a liar, I am instead reclaiming my former identity and simply making it more present. That was a long introduction for not a lot of purpose.

The point being: I'm back (or here, again). You get it.

I'm not sure what I am going to write about, or honestly if anyone will read, but as a young(er), single, Catholic female, professional, trying to make it in this midwestern world, I might have something to say. Or maybe not, I guess we shall all find out together. Perhaps I could write about my thoughts on faith and spirituality, what it means to me to be a young, Catholic woman today. Or maybe I will regale people with stories of my dog who consistently scares himself with his own farts and eats his own tail (along with my phone chargers and hair dryers). Regardless, I'm hopeful that this will give me something other to do than watch Bones, perpetually predict when Ted will actually meet "the mother," or stress about work. It will most certainly aid me in my practice of perpetually procrastinating picking up that book on my coffee table and could be a way that I could whine more publicly about the spinning class I just started doing. Like sands through the hour glass, these are the days of my life...

Anyway, this is a good thing. It's a new thing and it's something that I am going to commit myself to doing. So, if you are out there (which I'm pretty sure you aren't), thanks and please don't judge just yet. We can only go forward from here!





No comments: